I have a few questions regarding camping at Cherry Spring overnight astronomy field, me and a few friends (6-8 people together) are planning a visit during new Moon time in August. We visit the park every year, but we are not sure how does it look nowadays.
1. The park website says the water on the field is not available/not potable. Is it not available at all or just not potable? Can I fill my camper water tank anywhere nearby?
2. Is the electricity available in the pods on the overnight astronomy field?
3. The recorded message on the park phone is a bit confusing regarding reservations etc. Are now reservations required for overnight astronomy field? Are there any new restrictions for camping there?
4. Are the bathrooms open on the overnight field?
5. Is the dumping station open?
6. Is it very crowded on the overnight field during new Moon? I am asking since we would like to avoid big crowds and most of the state parks in Upstate NY are totally full (I live in Ithaca, NY).
7. Is the Internet connection working?
Thank you very much for your time. I tried to call the park but I was unable to get past recorded messages. Any info is much appreciated.