•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade plastic screw case

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Herchel

Herchel

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: ,NNE , islands in north Atlantic Canada 🇨🇦

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

Hi there
I have a question about the meade 56mm super plossl ... Does meade still include the plastic screw storage container for the eyepiece or has this stoped .. Thank you

#2 Don Taylor

Don Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Broken Arrow (Tulsa Area) Oklahoma

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:08 PM

I bought one from Agena 2-3 months ago and it did have the bolt case.

Fwiw - the eyepiece has yellow lettering - i have heard the current production Meade Plossls have white lettering so i don't know if that includes the 56mm. The comments i've read here on CN were about white lettering on 1.25" Meade Plossls.

Or it could be Meade has not made any 56mm in a while as they've had sufficient stock.

Edited by Don Taylor, 06 August 2020 - 08:09 PM.

#3 MikiSJ

MikiSJ

Apollo

• Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

I got mine last month and Agena included the bolt case free. Two days from SoCal to NorCal via USPS. 

Support the Post Office!

#4 ascii

ascii

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Orlando, FL, USA Approximately 28.5ºN,81.5ºW

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:19 AM

I don't know about Meade including a bolt case from the factory or not, but Agena includes their own aftermarket bolt case at no charge with all eyepieces they sell.  If you buy from another company, such non-factory bolt cases may not be included.

• BFaucett likes this

#5 Herchel

Herchel

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: ,NNE , islands in north Atlantic Canada 🇨🇦

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:45 AM

Thank you everyone for the replies

#6 John Anderson

John Anderson

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:58 AM

Recently bought a Meade 12.4mm super plossl off ebay and there was just a box ... other eyepieces I've gotten from Agena Astro have the free bolt case.

#7 MikiSJ

MikiSJ

Apollo

• Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:35 AM

Recently bought a Meade 12.4mm super plossl off ebay and there was just a box ... other eyepieces I've gotten from Agena Astro have the free bolt case.

I bought the same EP from AgenaAstro Friday and they included a case with the order - no charge.

#8 LDW47

LDW47

Aurora

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:52 AM

I bought one from Agena 2-3 months ago and it did have the bolt case.

Fwiw - the eyepiece has yellow lettering - i have heard the current production Meade Plossls have white lettering so i don't know if that includes the 56mm. The comments i've read here on CN were about white lettering on 1.25" Meade Plossls.

Or it could be Meade has not made any 56mm in a while as they've had sufficient stock.

I think you will find Agena throws the bolt case in themselves not the ep company !

#9 LDW47

LDW47

Aurora

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:54 AM

I got mine last month and Agena included the bolt case free. Two days from SoCal to NorCal via USPS. 

Support the Post Office!

I support USPS even from Canada !

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics