•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asi533mc pro common settings?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:56 PM

I'm used to using unity gain (139/21) with my rasa and asi1600mm pro and h-alpha filter for emission nebula, but I'm assuming the 533 is going to need different settings.

Not sure but the time I get to actually use the camera I'll have many emission targets. So, might need to set my sights on maybe m31 / m33 areas for a test.

Since my skies are trash I'm guessing unity gain is going to be more like lucky imaging.

What'd be a good start for broadband? Thought I'd start the bidding at maybe gain 75 and offset 15? I'd probably be shoving an l-pro in the imaging train in the filter drawer.

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:00 PM

I'm used to using unity gain (139/21) with my rasa and asi1600mm pro and h-alpha filter for emission nebula, but I'm assuming the 533 is going to need different settings.

Not sure but the time I get to actually use the camera I'll have many emission targets. So, might need to set my sights on maybe m31 / m33 areas for a test.

Since my skies are trash I'm guessing unity gain is going to be more like lucky imaging.

What'd be a good start for broadband? Thought I'd start the bidding at maybe gain 75 and offset 15? I'd probably be shoving an l-pro in the imaging train in the filter drawer.

The most important thing to know.  It doesn't matter much.  As long as you're "in the ballpark", this is a minor tweak.

As is subexposure.

Total imaging time is substantially more important than either.  If you want to effectively make the best improvement, just shoot more subs.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics