•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finderscope Eyepiece Thread Size - 8 x 50 - to attach webcam (guidescope modification)

accessories astrophotography ATM DIY equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theabsurdist8

theabsurdist8

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:32 PM

Hey. I wanted help identifying the thread size on my finderscope. After removing the eyepiece, the thread seems to be 28mm diameter. I tried inserting a standard 1.25 inch accessory but it was too big.

The finderscope is by astro-tech but it is the same as to the sky-watcher 8 x 50 (and other generic ones). 

The pitch seems to be 6 tpi or about 4.2 mm. 

I wanted to buy a coupling to attach to my webcam (Creative Ultra NX) to use as a guiding camera and scope.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200808_131245-min.jpg
  • 20200808_131235-min.jpg

Edited by theabsurdist8, 08 August 2020 - 12:34 PM.

#2 theabsurdist8

theabsurdist8

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

I figured it out. It's M28.5x0.6 for anyone who needs to know. It's the standard filter thread male.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography, ATM, DIY, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics