•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

San Diego Binocular Test Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tkay

Tkay

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:17 AM

I'm looking at 25 X 100's from Oberwerks up to the BT-82XL. Also looking at the same from Orion.

But, I would like to look through a pair to help me decide what direction to go. Is there someone in San Diego that will let me look through theirs?

Thanks

#2 gwilson001

gwilson001

Sputnik

• Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:01 PM

I'm looking at 25 X 100's from Oberwerks up to the BT-82XL. Also looking at the same from Orion.

But, I would like to look through a pair to help me decide what direction to go. Is there someone in San Diego that will let me look through theirs?

Thanks

To do that you need a side by side comparison which could be tough to find.  I would go with the Oberwerk BT-82XL over the orion.  The Oberwerks are checked for collimation by the owner before they ship them and they have great support.  Best binos for the money IMHO.

If you must to a comparison then I think you have to buy both and return one of them.  I have Oberwerk and have been very happy with them.

• Foss likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics