•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Diagonal and Focuser for Tak FC-100DZ

accessories beginner equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Huan

Huan

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: New York

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:57 PM

I just ordered the Tak FC-100DZ as my first refractor ( well, except a 2" department store one when I was a kid ) and am considering a diagonal and possibly a focuser.

I read posts here on CN and am considering either Baader BBHS or Baader T2 Prism but still have lots of questions.

1. I don't have any 2" eyepiece currently. I will buy some wide angle ones in the future but not right now. Will I be able to use my 1.25" ones with Baader BBHS? Is there some sort of connector or converter that I need to buy?

2. I find contradictory information regarding Baader T-2 Star Diagonal Prism. Does it support 1.25" or 2" eyepieces?

3. What's the prism about? Does it produce upright image instead of mirror-reversed?

Regarding focuser I don't recall exactly where and what I read but I'm under an impression that Tak original focuser isn't that good and a feather touch focuser is seriously recommended.

4. Is Tak focuser that bad? Do you guys feel it's urgent to upgrade the focuser right away?

5. I went to http://starlightinstruments.com and was overwhelmed by the varieties of the focusers. Which one should I look at for Tak FC-100DZ?

#2 Rutilus

Rutilus

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:13 PM

I would give the focuser a fighting chance first, you can always update later down the road.

The focus mount on my TSA-102 had quite bad image shift and rotation, but your sample might

be the opposite.   

• zqsand likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, beginner, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics