•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200GPS Won't start, LED Flashes on & off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jfwsmith

jfwsmith

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

I went to start my 10" LX200GPS the other night and when I turned it on, the red LED just blinked on and off continually.  Handbox display stayed blank.  I have the wireless handbox.  I opened up the panel and replaced the CR2032 battery, and when I put it all together it booted up ok.  Worked for 3 days.  This scope hasn't been use for a couple of years, so I did a firmware update from Meade, and I was having trouble with alignment, so the next day I worked on training the drives, seemed to be working fine, shut it down and waited for dark to calibrate sensors. When I went to turn it on, it happened again.  Handbox is on, but blank screen.  Red LED on the scope panel flashes on and off continually.  Any ideas what to do, or what this is indicating?

Thanks,
Jeff

• Goldengirl52 likes this

#2 Goldengirl52

Goldengirl52

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Crescent City, CA

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:31 PM

Mine was doing that and the clip had broken off so it didn't have a good connection.  SloMoe helped me out with an idea to stick something like a toothpick, wedge it in to make the clip fit tight.  I used a plastic straw piece.  It's working now but it will always be an issue.  I can't just buy a cord for this for 15.00, because only one end is clip fitted, so it's a whole new remote or nothing I guess.

Maybe not your issue, but maybe will help.  Sound like it's going on and off so not connecting, Denise

PS mine was given to me, and it's a Meade ETX 60AT

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics