•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A GRS Transit Is Underway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:04 AM

The GRS is just past Jupiter’s CM.

#2 Codbear

Codbear

Apollo

• Loc: Novato, CA

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:03 AM

Just came back in from observing it Dave...I had planned for it from the S&T Jupiter app, but your reminders are always appreciated and have saved my butt in the past! bow.gif

Thankfully seeing was average-above average out here North of San Francisco, and my 11" F4.5 Teeter with Zambuto mirror was sufficiently cooled to see festoons in the GRS and bands. Saturn looked great with Cassini's popping out along with some very good bandage!

At F4.5, the Teeter is subject to "difficulties" if it is not cooled down, since it takes some work to get the magnification up into the 200x range and it's right on the border where it could benefit from a Paracorr, which was on my 24". The "difficulties" show up by not being able to decently split doubles that should be very splittable, such as the double-double, but no such problems tonight... cleanly split at 155x. Too much cirrus cloud action for Neowise or anything else for that matter though.

Thanks again.

Sam

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics