•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need Software for 'old' Orion Starshoot Deep Space Color Imager II

equipment imaging Orion
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msespico

msespico

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:25 PM

Hi I started astrophotography many years ago and promptly gave up because I didn't have the time to invest. Now I have more time and wanted to use my camera but couldn't find its software. I contacted Orion telescopes and they don't even carry that software any more.

Does anyone own the starshoot deep space color imager II and might I be able to get a copy of your software? I'd rather not use this as an expensive paperweight!

thank you so much,

Matt

Attached Thumbnails

• front.jpg
  • side.jpg

#2 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Aurora

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:45 PM

I believe this version supports all the older cameras: https://www.telescop...rShoot64bit.exe

#3 randcpoll

randcpoll

Ranger 4

• Loc: New York

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:49 PM

?? Orion has the drivers for this camera at:

https://www.telescop...era/p/99573.uts

#4 msespico

msespico

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:29 PM

thanks guys. I must still be missing something--maybe it's the necessary skill set to interpret what it gave me. I saw these files before and unzipped the 4 files into the right folder but when I click on any of the files it just looks like jibberish. I downloaded the "ascom driver" (I don't know what that means) but the options it gave me were to repair what was there, modify what is there, or remove what was there. Looked like this olde time interface with a dead end.  

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot 1.png
  • screenshot 2.png

#5 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Aurora

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:39 PM

From a different camera, but should be the instructions

Connect  the  Orion  StarShoot Mono  III  to  a  USB  port  on  the computer with the supplied USB cable.

Plug the supplied power cable into a  12VDC  power  source  and  con-nect  the  cable  to  the  StarShoot Mono   III.   The   cooling   fan   will automatically power on. Windows will automatically detect the cam-era  and  start  the Found   New Hardware Wizard (Figure 5a).Note: The StarShoot Mono III will not work  with  USB  1.1.  Your  computer must have a high-speed USB 2.0 port available.

Select No,  not  this  time  when Windows  asks  to  automatically search for drivers online and click Next.

Select Install from a list or specific  location  (Advanced)  and click Next.

Select Search removable media (floppy,  CD-ROM...).  Turn  off  the other options. Click Next.Windows  will  start  looking  for  the driver files on the CD-ROM.

Windows  will  note  that  the  driver has  not  passed  Windows  Logo testing.  This  is  normal.  Click  the Continue Anyway button.

Click  the Finish  button  when  the  wizard  has  completed.  A  message  will appear in your Windows task bar Device Installed Successfully.

#6 msespico

msespico

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:48 PM

thank you Jim for your thorough reply! I cannot wait to give this a try and will let you know how goes.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, imaging, Orion

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics