I wanted to post this just in case anyone else has encountered issues with goto's on a Meade LX600. I purchased this scope in May of 2018 from OPT as a replacement for the LX200GPS-SMT 10". After installation and mounting on a fixed pier in my SKYPOD, I encountered multiple issues with accuracy in alignments and goto's. After much debate, we decided to send it off to Meade (actually drive it to Meade) to have it looked at. After having it for about a month, they decided it was a StarLock cable and sent me on my way.
After re-installation, we continued to have goto issues and just never felt like it was anywhere near what my LX200GPS in comparison to alignment and pointing. At this point (July of 2018), I gave up and said I will deal with this later in the fall. That never happened.
Fast forward two years later and we decided to dig in and solve this issue. Without getting into a lot of detail, but with the help of OZAndrewJ and Dr. Clay it was determined that one of the gears on my RA drive had an extra tooth(61). Both gears should have 60 as it has a 1:1 Ratio. This apparently is a rare occurrence, but in my opinion, there have to be more of these out there. If you're having issues like mine, it might be worthwhile to take a peak at your gears in your RA drive.
Edited by Spaldino, 10 August 2020 - 06:07 PM.