•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atik GP driver issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Danny778

Danny778

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:53 AM

Dear cloudy community,

I have been having driver issues with my Atik GP camera for guiding, I open for example Shapcap an am able to connect to my Atik one 6.0 without any issues by when I try to connect to

the GP for guiding the following message pops up:

"An error accourd while starting your Atik GP"

Details:

"Artemis SDK failed with error $ARTEMIS_INVALID_PARAMETER in ArtemisStopExposure"

I have downloaded an installed all up to date Atik and Ascom drivers.

Any ideas how do i solve this issue?

By the way Atik have already been informed and are helping me troubleshoot the issues, I am just curious to know if any one else had this happen and how did they solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Edited by Danny778, 11 August 2020 - 02:56 AM.

#2 Tapio

Tapio

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:02 AM

I have same camera and it seems it's sol old that FireCapture/SharpCap are not supported.

Only ArtemisCapture (or what it was called) worked with Atik GP - at least that was my impression.

• Danny778 likes this

#3 Danny778

Danny778

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:52 AM

That's too bad, really wanted to use it with PHD2 for guiding..

I wonder if Atik will update this issue, on paper the GP should be a very capable guiding camera..

#4 Tapio

Tapio

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:15 AM

Googled some more and apparently it can work
https://stargazerslo...-advice-please/
  • Danny778 likes this

#5 Danny778

Danny778

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 August 2020 - 02:45 PM

Hey!

I just found the solution!!

In the connect equipment box you go into Camera setup (the icon is right next to the connect icon), once you press it the Atik camara chooser menu will apear, you need to choose the GP option and that connects the camera perfectly. For some reason the USB hub I have causes errors (thanks to the tread you posted here I could figure it out so thanks!), but at least now I have found the solution.

Thank you for your help!! much appreciated. God bless and may you have clear skies.

Daniel
  • R Botero likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics