•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron CGX-L creeping

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WIZARD1325

WIZARD1325

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:56 AM

so when i use my starsense my CGX-L mount when going to the 3rd star will start to creep rather then slew to the star like it would normally due with 1, 2nd, 4th alignment.

Why would it do that? I mean it works but just takes forever to go to the next star for alignment. Does this make sense to you guys what im talking about? It uses the slowest gear possiable to get there its so annoying.

#2 freestar8n

freestar8n

Vendor - MetaGuide

• Vendors

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:17 AM

so when i use my starsense my CGX-L mount when going to the 3rd star will start to creep rather then slew to the star like it would normally due with 1, 2nd, 4th alignment.

Why would it do that? I mean it works but just takes forever to go to the next star for alignment. Does this make sense to you guys what im talking about? It uses the slowest gear possiable to get there its so annoying.

Hi-

I am on teamcelestron and do testing of their latest cpwi and firmware and I have seen occasional situations where the final approach to the star is very slow - and I have reported it.  I see it occasionally and it may happen more near the meridian.  So I'm surprised if it is specifically the 3rd star all the time - but I'm not surprised if it just happens randomly occasionally.  I view it as a minor nuisance since it does finally get there - but I assume it will be fixed in upcoming firmware/software.

I recommend joining teamcelestron for the latest software and to report issues like these.

Frank

• WIZARD1325 likes this

#3 fgraus

fgraus

Vostok 1

• Loc: Kansas, usa

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

If you are doing an auto calibration with StarSense, the first 2 positions are to the west and the next 2 are to the east. So to get to the third, the mount has to pass the meridian. An older version of StarSense firmware/software had the problem that once you reached the meridian, the mount slowed and then moved very slowly to the third position. A later update to StarSense fixed the problem. You might want to check what version firmware/software you have and see if you can update. 

#4 WIZARD1325

WIZARD1325

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

If you are doing an auto calibration with StarSense, the first 2 positions are to the west and the next 2 are to the east. So to get to the third, the mount has to pass the meridian. An older version of StarSense firmware/software had the problem that once you reached the meridian, the mount slowed and then moved very slowly to the third position. A later update to StarSense fixed the problem. You might want to check what version firmware/software you have and see if you can update. 

Ok i see.... well its got the latest which is dated

June 11 2020.

So maybe the next update will fix it ,if its a known issue

#5 WIZARD1325

WIZARD1325

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hi-

I am on teamcelestron and do testing of their latest cpwi and firmware and I have seen occasional situations where the final approach to the star is very slow - and I have reported it.  I see it occasionally and it may happen more near the meridian.  So I'm surprised if it is specifically the 3rd star all the time - but I'm not surprised if it just happens randomly occasionally.  I view it as a minor nuisance since it does finally get there - but I assume it will be fixed in upcoming firmware/software.

I recommend joining teamcelestron for the latest software and to report issues like these.

Frank

Very interesting, well i will overlook this issue for now, but since i got you hear im trying to fix another issue with the mount. 

When its facing like the meridian i get this honking noise thats the best way i can discribe it like an old 1920 no power cheap honk noise.... i read in other forum that putting a foam under the motor fixes it or messing with the worm gear screw 3mm.. and slighlty adjust or 1/16.  Any idea what im talking about?

What do i type to find the orginal instruction manuel? Been searching on here can;t find it

Edited by WIZARD1325, 11 August 2020 - 02:35 PM.

#6 WIZARD1325

WIZARD1325

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

<p>https://youtu.be/0qCSFBwT7FM</p>

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics