•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with Lines on Image?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Duckymczaps

Duckymczaps

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denton Texas

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:58 AM

I took this image of the North America Nebula tonight, 25 x 240s lights, with 15 darks and 30 bias frames. (I haven't tried flat frames yet as I have not had time during the day.) Taken in a Bortle 8 zone.

I have an HEQ5-Pro and use my modified Canon 60d, with a Sigma 100-500mm Lens set at 250mm. I am using an Astronomik CLS Clip In Filter from when I had an unmodified camera (This should be alright to use with my new modified camera, correct?). As you can see on some of the stars there is a line, and I am clueless as to what it is. If it was tracking, it would show up on other stars, correct? Could it be some artifact from deep sky stacker? I also noticed that some of the stars got blown out, and that is my fault for not paying enough attention in post, and I plan on re-editing this when I have time.

Any other feedback would be wonderful, as I am very new to this hobby. I am saving up for a telescope, but currently most telescopes good for imaging are out of stock.

Click here for a full resolution image: https://www.astrobin.com/full/qx2h75/0/?nc=Duckymczaps&real=&mod=

meu1RRuLMQt6_620x0_kWXURFLk.png

#2 sharkmelley

sharkmelley

Soyuz

• Loc: UK

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:15 AM

It is not clear if you are using guiding or not.  However, check thorough each sub individually.  You will find at least one sub where the stars were not tracked properly, causing those streaks.

Mark

#3 Duckymczaps

Duckymczaps

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denton Texas

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:22 AM

I do not have guiding set up yet, just try to get as accurate a polar alignment as possible!

That was exactly my problem, thank you very much! Two of my images had not tracked properly for some reason. I assume either wind or a fault of the mount itself.

• sharkmelley likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics