•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SBIG STF 8300C with pocket powerbox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 birddog99

birddog99

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston, Texas

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:38 AM

I have had no luck trying to find a power cable to use from my pocket powerbox to my SBIG 8300C. Pegasus sends you 5 connection cables that work just fine with my ASI cameras, but does not appear that they offer a cable that would work with the SBIG. I beleive it's 2.2mm connection at the powerbox, but SBIG uses a screw in type connector at the camera. Finding a cable like this would keep everything above the mount with no hanging cords.

#2 euthus

euthus

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Naples, FL and Alexandria, MN

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:52 AM

I have an older ST-8300C which uses a Switchcraft S760K jack.  I'm not sure if the STF 8300C uses the same.  If it does, you can order theses jacks from DigiKey.  I made my own cable for a PowerWerx power supply which would have a different powerbox end compared to the pocket powerbox.  If you do make your own cable make sure you wire positive and negative correctly as my ST-8300C is center-positive.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics