•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars - 2020-08-13 0651UT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

Last night I got a bunch of data on Jupiter/Saturn/Mars.  Almost 400 GB of data. Running out space to keep these around at this rate.

Most of the seeing was quite good. I was curious to see how a very short stack will do after seeing Darryl's 1% stack. This is a 2% stack . Wavelets in Registax and curves/colors in PS. I didnt do any additional sharpening (Topaz didnt work on this .. probably due to the noise so didnt use it). I will process other videos with more % of frames stacked when I get sometime over the weekend.

When I compare it with the simulation from WinJupos,  it doesnt seem to match very well. I have the position and times correctly set.

2020-08-13-0651_2-RGB-Mars_lapl4_ap536_REG_PS.png

• sfugardi, Pete Gorczynski, yock1960 and 15 others like this

#2 hytham

hytham

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Northern Tundra

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:45 PM

I had my heart set on a Edge HD 11, but after seeing so many other pictures here, including yours... I'm now thinking 14 may be the better path.  gaah.gif

Great work again, Anis.

• anismo likes this

#3 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:07 PM

I had my heart set on a Edge HD 11, but after seeing so many other pictures here, including yours... I'm now thinking 14 may be the better path.  gaah.gif

Great work again, Anis.

Thank you Hytham and Good to see your post (Have loved your images when I started out way back in 2015ish!. I still remember the Andromeda image).  EdgeHD11 is a fine scope.. I  use it for DSO imaging and it works very well. However, I find the C14 is a different level in terms of its performance inspite of its size. I really recommend it if it is for pure planetary imaging. 

#4 hytham

hytham

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Northern Tundra

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:51 PM

Thank you Hytham and Good to see your post (Have loved your images when I started out way back in 2015ish!. I still remember the Andromeda image).  EdgeHD11 is a fine scope.. I  use it for DSO imaging and it works very well. However, I find the C14 is a different level in terms of its performance inspite of its size. I really recommend it if it is for pure planetary imaging. 

Dude, you're too kind.

I used to have an Edge HD 1100, and sold it for the FSQ. Now I'm regretting that decision because I really want to get back into planetary work because I miss it so much. Seeing your previous Mars image really pushed me to get back into it.

Once again... great bloody job. Love the pics.

• anismo likes this

#5 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

very nice details , thanks .

• anismo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics