•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Star Adventurerer 2 (WiFi) - Release date

equipment mount
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hammerstein

Hammerstein

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Aachen, Germany

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:26 AM

Hello!

just heard about the Star Adventurer 2 (in Dylan O'Donnells Channel on Youtube). ==> basically the Wifi-functionality of the Star adventurer mini is now ported to the Star adventurer.

Does anybody know, when this Mark ii Version of the Star Adventurer will be available?

Regards

Leo

Edited by Hammerstein, 14 August 2020 - 04:27 AM.

#2 skyward_eyes

skyward_eyes

Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

• Vendors

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:50 PM

Depends on the location, you need to check with your local distributor. If in Germany check with OVL Germany. 

For the US the next few shipments coming in the next few weeks will have them for North America.

• eros312 and FlickerTheLight like this

#3 KCH

KCH

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:25 PM

My understanding is this is an inline change, that they will be sliding in the 2i as the original is gone.  It looks to me that the original is already gone in the US.   I was told that by late September all new shipments would be the 2i variety.

The switch has already occurred in OZ.

If the distributors know anything about it they are tight lipped.

Watching the youtube videos it still looks like the mobile app is in desperate need of updating.

But I will purchase a 2i when I can get my hands on one.

As an aside I would still like to see the mount vendors enter the 21st century with regard to electronics.  Maybe the anti-trust beating that Synta / Celestron / Meade / Sky-Watcher took in the US courts will help matters...

Edited by KCH, 24 August 2020 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Hammerstein

Hammerstein

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Aachen, Germany

Posted 04 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

My understanding is this is an inline change, that they will be sliding in the 2i as the original is gone.  It looks to me that the original is already gone in the US.   I was told that by late September all new shipments would be the 2i variety.

The switch has already occurred in OZ.

If the distributors know anything about it they are tight lipped.

Watching the youtube videos it still looks like the mobile app is in desperate need of updating.

But I will purchase a 2i when I can get my hands on one.

As an aside I would still like to see the mount vendors enter the 21st century with regard to electronics.  Maybe the anti-trust beating that Synta / Celestron / Meade / Sky-Watcher took in the US courts will help matters...

Thanks for this information/estimation!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics