•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 102az / Astrophotograpy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joeytroy

joeytroy

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Belen, NM, USA

Posted 14 August 2020 - 08:27 PM

Hey all I am new here. I have been reading tons of post here on CN and watching tons of YT, and tons of web reading and before I go to much further down the worm hole I figured instead of spinning my wheels anymore to ask some experts the question.

Is my new StarSense Telescope going to be good for AP?

Before buying the telescope (first one ever) I wasn't sure I would be interested in AP but after messing around with an old Olympus 5060D from 2004 and placing it on the eye piece I am hooked at least with moon shots. In terms of camera I am looking to upgrade clearly but want to see if I am better off shooting with camera lenses or if I can get some decent shots with the telescope. Thanks in advance!

#2 Goldengirl52

Goldengirl52

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Crescent City, CA

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:40 PM

I'm wondering the same thing, but for a little background on what I've discovered just this a.m.  I'll attach a video I found on youtube to show how to hook up "certain" cameras.  Also, you can use an adapter with a smartphone on the eyepiece, same as you would other telescopes.  I am only into snapshots so far, but I wanted to come here, to maybe find some folks that have actually been using the Starsense Explorer DX 130AZ.

Also, this is not an interference to the Starsense App.  I finally realized after my research, that the app and telescope don't interact in anyway, that I know of.  I could be wrong.  So I'm thinking to put my main phone in the cradle, and attach my older Moto E to the eyepiece and just try it out.

I haven't purchased my Starsense yet because I am gathering more info on what I can actually see with it, weather/atmospheric conditions permitting.  And light pollution if any.  Best of luck to you, and I'll show you the link from a fella that seems to be very smart and used to way, more high-end telescopes, but, he really like the whole Starsense concept ;)

I do hope more advanced users will help us out here.  I think I'm going on 2 months of learning anything at all about Astronomy.

https://www.youtube....929ih9-7Q&t=63s

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics