•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Night Sky Observer's Guide. Milky Way!

NV
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eddgie

Eddgie

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 19 August 2020 - 05:09 PM

Being a major fan of observing the Milky Way at low powers, I was excited to see this new book in the Night Sky Observer's Guide series.  I plan on getting it when I get back from my trip.

Dark Nebula.. Yeah, baby.

https://www.willbell...OOK/NSOGV4.html

• M44 and cmooney91 like this

#2 joelin

joelin

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Saratoga, CA

Posted 19 August 2020 - 05:20 PM

The book also covers open and globular clusters...don't those overlap with the other volumes? 

#3 Eddgie

Eddgie

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:12 AM

The book also covers open and globular clusters...don't those overlap with the other volumes? 

Yes, but the other volumes don't really do all that much with dark nebula.

#4 Dale Eason

Dale Eason

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Roseville,Mn.

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:06 PM

Oh, my gosh.  I met George Kepple at Okie Tex and TSP.  He is such a pleasant person to talk with. We have great conversations each time I'm there.  I bought all his books including that one.  I forgot I had it.  Duh.  It has been sitting on the shelf all this time unopened.  Thanks for commenting about it.  I love volume one and two.  

Now just looking at volume 4 at the Cygnus area.  I was hoping to see more of the emission nebulae discussed.  There are a lot of clusters, dark nebulae, but few of the sh group of emission nebulae.  If the pandemic ever stops and we get back together I'm looking forward to discussing and showing George NV observing.   He may have to start another book.  Although he told me volume 4 would be his last.

Dale 

#5 Eddgie

Eddgie

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

Yes, Vol 1 and Vol 2 are my most heavily used field books prior to Sky Safari Pro and I still find them to be very useful.  I used to take my notes right in the books.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NV

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics