•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Case for WO Zenithstar 73

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hikescdnrckys

Hikescdnrckys

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:25 PM

Hi everyone.

I just purchased my first refractor, a William Optics Zenithstar 73 in red. I love it, the build is amazing and the optics are great. I am going to use it for astrophotography on a Celestron AVX mount. It came with a nice soft case, but would like to store it with the saddle and mount rings extended, so it's faster to pick up and mount on the AVX. The soft case it just too short for that purpose. What are other folks using for a case?

#2 psuaero

psuaero

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ellicott City, MD

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:32 PM

I bought a case at Harbor Freight. Apache 4800 (I think). It has the pick apart foam for a custom fit.

https://www.harborfr...lack-64250.html

Fits like a glove. I actually don't have the WO 73 any more but the AT72EDii is almost identical in length and width. I have it set up the same way...here's a pic.

Wo 73 in Apache case

Edited by psuaero, 29 August 2020 - 03:43 PM.

• Jaimo!, Hikescdnrckys and Reptilicus like this

#3 Vividia

Vividia

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Louisville, KY

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:09 PM

I bought a red Z73 here on Cloudy Nights, and wanted a case for it, too.

WO makes one labeled for the Z71, but it also fits the Z73.  I took the foam out of the scope box and put it in the case, which comes with no foam.  Fits well for about $60.

I know that at least Agena and HighPoint carry it.

#4 Hikescdnrckys

Hikescdnrckys

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:26 AM

I bought a case at Harbor Freight. Apache 4800 (I think). It has the pick apart foam for a custom fit.

https://www.harborfr...lack-64250.html

Fits like a glove. I actually don't have the WO 73 any more but the AT72EDii is almost identical in length and width. I have it set up the same way...here's a pic.

Sadly Harbour Freight does not ship to Canada, but I did find a solution. The Nanuck 930 case at

https://www.hardcase...EcaAvgPEALw_wcB

fits perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails

• 776E2F14-C882-4EAD-84B2-AF37A9D3B323.jpeg

• BinoGuy and Reptilicus like this

#5 BinoGuy

BinoGuy

Viking 1

• Loc: Michigan

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:25 PM

Thank you all, good suggestions.   I have to keep mine assembled, field flattener and camera, so the imaging train stays intact.  If I find a wide enough case I'll post here.

Clear skies, BG  {°¿°}

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics