While I have a much, much larger overall To Do list, this my is list of astronomy-related things:
- Design and build the final rockerbox for my dob. It's still sitting on the prototype.
- Finish wiring the dob and getting the rear cooling fans powered by my new battery. This involves running some wiring from the swingdown tailgate through the mirror box and up to one of the truss poles so it can reach my UTA where the fan speed controllers will be.
- Give my telescopes a good cleaning.
- Build a nice dob mount for my 4.5" reflector and ditch the horrid EQ mount it comes with.
- Finish organizing all my misc equipment into storage bins for my telescope storage room.
- Build a proper mirror cover for my dob's mirror box instead of using the makeshift one I have on there now.
- Find a dust cap for the top of the UTA. Might re-purpose the one on my 12" since that one is too small and might fit my 15" better.
- Design and build my own LED headlamp since there is literally nothing good on the market for astronomy.
- Build an observing chair.
- Build a new structure around my 12" Lightbridge optics that will act as a kind of prototype for a much larger scope build.
- Eventually build a 25+" scope. Not sure how big I want to go yet.
- Grind my first mirror.
- Build an aperture mask for my 15" (which might double as the dust cover for the UTA)
- Do a re-write of my website https://eyepieceplanner.com - add new features, clean up the code, update the framework I used etc...
What's in the back of your "things I need to do" drawer?
Edited by CrazyPanda, 04 September 2020 - 12:04 PM.