•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SW Esprit 80ED disappointing first results

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 skaiser

skaiser

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

Just watched the skywatcher Friday WHAT UP  presentation.

He said they are checking into the issue and even held up one of the scopes they are examining.

As Mentioned I hope to get some shots this evening (weather permitting) to see how my 80ED performs.

Take care

#27 yonafunu

yonafunu

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:29 PM

Ok i'm the author of this post : 

https://www.cloudyni...t-80-refractor/

I have the exact same issue, i will write to skywatcher too. For the price of a 80 refractor it's not acceptable. 

#28 skaiser

skaiser

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

Yonafunu

unfortunately it does seem the 80ed can have a problem that is not caused by the user.

i am still waiting on the weather to give me a decent night. Amazing what the weather man calls a clear sky. I think if they don’t see it on radar or they can see the moon and Vega then it counts as clear night.

i am anxious to get some test images I can send into skywatcher.

it helps to have some examples from others of the problem and how it should really look without a issue.

keep us posted on your efforts.

take care

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics