•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Explore Scientific Refractors

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 BobW55

BobW55

Ranger 4

• Loc: Melvin, Michigan (Sanilac County)

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:27 PM

So when I post my ES 102 FDC100 I can ask more for it?

#27 SeattleScott

SeattleScott

Voyager 1

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:43 PM

Oh absolutely. As long as it isn’t on sale at the time.

#28 Maxedout

Maxedout

Mariner 2

• ****-
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:10 PM

Wow! It has seemed to me that the price has been steadily increasing little by little over the past 1.5 years but this jump (it has been some time since I looked) is huge.  The 127ED, even the FCD-1, is not inexpensive, at least by my standards.

L.

You are very observant. Not too long ago I purchased the Celestron 1100 edge with the cgem mount for the cost of the OTA only today.

#29 teashea

teashea

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Posted 01 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

The price hikes might be related to the general lack of stock of high end or medium quality scopes.  ES might be recognizing that there are buyers who do not want to wait several months to get a scope.  Some of these buyers (even those who would want a higher quality scope) are willing to settle for a very good scope from ES instead of a great scope several months into the future.

I recently wanted to purchase two Takahashi telescopes, a TSA 120 and FC100.  I had a heck of a time finding any.  I finally purchased the last available one in the US of each of them.  I felt very fortunate.  There simply are no more.  It seems it will be several months before there are.

Tom

2.jpg

#30 RobertMaples

RobertMaples

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:42 AM

Looks like ES didn't like my purchase through NewEgg. I received an email from NewEgg saying the the seller cancelled the order. 

"Looks like ES didn't like my purchase through NewEgg. I received an email from NewEgg saying the the seller cancelled the order."

I highly doubt that "ES didn't like" your purchase.  I suspect that the problem was Newegg.  Do a search on their current ratings.  I wouldn't buy from Newegg and, considering the little circumstances you mentioned, I hope you managed to get all your money back.  

Patrick

I don't think I'd buy a scope from Newegg.  On the other hand I've been buying my desktop components from them almost exclusively for about ten years.  Four builds in total I guess (not all for me).  Electronic gizmos I do indeed buy from Newegg.  

Greg N

I don't know what could have happened to your order, but the Bresser Comet Edition scope on Newegg's website wasn't actually sold by Newegg - it was sold by Adorama (the Newegg web page stated "Sold and shipped by Adorama").  I don't know what the relationship is when they do that, but I've noticed a lot of online sellers will list products that are "sold and shipped" by someone else.  At the time, the telescope was also listed on Amazon, and also listed as sold by Adorama.  I put it on my Christmas list and my wife got it for me through Amazon.  Sure enough, it came straight from the Adorama warehouse in New Jersey.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics