•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tiny Tak Fan Thread

classic equipment refractor
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Chuck Conner

Chuck Conner

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland U.S.A.

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:39 PM

I've always had a high sensitivity to color, so it was very noticeable to me. I'd say it lead to me to entering the arts and my love of telescopes.

Many males suffer from varying degress of color blindness, so I've always felt rather lucky.

That begs the question, do you other guys see the difference between the tube clamp's color and the focuser and cell? 

I can see stronger color saturation on the clamp as apposed to the cell but the hue looks the same on both parts.

My wife could see colors that I didn't know existed. I had to ask her to look at a resistor's color band, that I couldn't discern. I ask, " was it blue or violet?" (it has to be one or the other to be part of the standard color code)  She replied ,"It's neither." and 

named it as a color that I think only women know about, which was no help to me....

• Astrojensen, steve t and Terra Nova like this

#27 Bowlerhat

Bowlerhat

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:33 AM

No mention of teegul 60?

4a9c8cd005d1aa9a47646bc6f51fc566-img.jpg

I wish comeday I can see one in person. Don't see that design everyday, other than vixen shuttle scope which is kind of similar.

• astro140 and Bomber Bob like this

#28 Derek Wong

Derek Wong

Apollo

• Loc: Glendale, CA

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:27 PM

Here is my Tak FC-50 along with a rare tabletop tripod that I think was official but I have little information on it.  I have a finder but I don't use it for this scope, and the FC-50 reducer and camera angle adapter as well.

Derek

Attached Thumbnails

• FC 50 with Mount.jpg

• astro140, steve t, Terra Nova and 6 others like this

#29 Esso2112

Esso2112

Apollo

• Loc: Magnolia, TX

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:51 PM

Here is my Tak FC-50 along with a rare tabletop tripod that I think was official but I have little information on it.  I have a finder but I don't use it for this scope, and the FC-50 reducer and camera angle adapter as well.

Derek

Nice set up. The tabletop tripod is Tak, it was introduced in 1982 and you are right, they don’t show up very often. The reducer is also pretty rare. 

• Defenderslideguitar likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classic, equipment, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics