•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I just threw away $15.00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Toddeo

Toddeo

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:46 AM

Wow, I finally broke down and joined the other site(A____ Mart)-to see what all the "fuss" was about, and maybe pick up a vintage scope that might not of been advertised on this site.  What a disappointment!!!  My hats off to Cloudy Nightsbow.gif bow.gif bow.gif . The whole lay out just -to me is a train wreck- compared to the Cloudy Nights site. One would think that the A____Mart site was just developed-a day ago. Very amateurish.  I wish I could get my money back.  I, now have even a greater respect for the family here at Cloudy Nights!  I feel guilty that I strayed- for just a minute. Oh well, live and learn.  Thanks, Cloudy Nights!

#2 Neptune

Neptune

Apollo

• Loc: Georgia

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:50 AM

I have been an upstanding member of both sites for over 20 years.  I am thankful for the free membership here. I find both sites to be useful.

#3 Scott99

Scott99

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: New England

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:54 AM

interesting...my feelings are directly the opposite, I use Astromart classifieds exclusively...FWIW. 

#4 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

I have a little difficulty understanding the principle of paying to have the right to buy ...

#5 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: Northern Kentucky

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:59 AM

Ditto!

Attached Thumbnails

• A8A88768-7186-49C9-B606-0C634284192F.jpeg

#6 Taosmath

Taosmath

Apollo

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

interesting...my feelings are directly the opposite, I use Astromart classifieds exclusively...FWIW. 

That's interesting.  What is better on A'mart than on CN, if you don't mind me asking?

#7 Jim R

Jim R

Vostok 1

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:17 AM

I share the kudos to cloudy nights, clearly the best anywhere! I DO, however, find the other side useful as well.

#8 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:24 AM

Getting locked soon.  Discussions of CN vs. AM is not allowed for good reason. This is not a classics discussion - I don't think - not sure how old Herb is!  

Trends exist, the people decide, things move on.  No better or worse, just certainly wayy way different in operation. Opinions exist, not for this venue, things move on.

#9 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:29 AM

Astromart generally has more stuff and the nominal membership fee keeps the riffraff out. It's a good model for added security in transactions. I support at a ~higher level~ and have enjoyed at least $10K of savings, over the years. Highly recommended! If you're not stingy, it's a great value!  Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics