•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion ED80 question

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Cosmos

• Loc: Florida

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:59 PM

If I may interject a question here, what kind of corrector are you using for the binoviewer? 

I just ordered one of these.  

It's a 1.85x GPC with an Arcturus. Inexpensive. But throws a great view up. I generally use 32mm, 20mm and 15mm eyepieces with it on short scopes like this.

Very best,

• vdog likes this

#27 vdog

vdog

Surveyor 1

• Loc: California Central Valley, U.S.A.

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

It's a 1.85x GPC with an Arcturus. Inexpensive. But throws a great view up. I generally use 32mm, 20mm and 15mm eyepieces with it on short scopes like this.

Very best,

Thanks!

• MalVeauX likes this

#28 vdog

vdog

Surveyor 1

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

There are 2 inch diagonals on Ebay for $50 which are indistinguishable from the 2nd tier known 2" diagonals like GSO, William Optics, Scope Stuff.

Yup.  That's what I was thinking, and I picked up a Svbony one for about that.

Still need a refractor to put it in, though. fingertap.gif  Foolishly, I thought "More on the way" actually meant something different than "Backordered."

#29 RichA

RichA

Vanguard

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:43 PM

Yup.  That's what I was thinking, and I picked up a Svbony one for about that.

Still need a refractor to put it in, though. fingertap.gif  Foolishly, I thought "More on the way" actually meant something different than "Backordered."

No, sellers are in kind of dire-straits right now and I see out of stock signs everywhere.  Not only that, but some scopes have increased in price considerably.  The basic ES triplet 80mm went up $100.00.

#30 vdog

vdog

Surveyor 1

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:25 PM

No, sellers are in kind of dire-straits right now and I see out of stock signs everywhere.  Not only that, but some scopes have increased in price considerably.  The basic ES triplet 80mm went up $100.00.

Oh, I'm not criticizing the the vendor, just my own misplaced optimism.  

lol.gif  I just noticed your signature line.  There are probably some good jokes there, but this is a family forum.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics