•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Questions regarding the WO Flat6AIII

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DennisOrion

DennisOrion

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

Hello all,

I have a WO ZS 81 on the way along with the flattener. I've tried the WO site, but no luck finding the details I'm looking for. Per the pictures on the WO site, after installing the flattener, you cn remove the end cap and install a filter (M48) on the inside, are they female threads? A filter I was looking at getting had male threads (M48). Also, is there any limitation to the thickness of the filter? Once the end cap is back on you have M48 threads to attach a T-mount, no issues here. 

Next question regarding the flattener, is it for visual use? If it is, how do to attach a diagonal? Is there something that attaches to the M48 threads that would then hold the diagonal? Can a filter be placed inside the flattener or would that interfere with the diagonal sliding in? Place the filter elsewhere, diagonal/eyepiece? Not sure where it would go. 

Anyhow, that should be enough to get me going, but I'm sure I'll have many more questions.

Background:

First time here on CN. I did some astronomy a long time ago on a Celestron C8 with a GEM (no motor/goto) on a wooden tripod! Just last week I picked up a Celestron CGX mount from the classifieds here, also included a ZWO ASI120MM mini and the ZWO ASIAIR. Looking to do some astrophotography, starting with my Canon EOS R for now, so I can practice the guiding and processing part. Later I would like to get a dedicated astro camera. Also trying to round up some of the accessories that are needed, like eyepieces, T-Mount, filter, etc... and of course finding nearly everything out of stock!

Dennis

#2 DennisOrion

DennisOrion

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:41 PM

Ok, I think I found what I need. WO 2" Eyepiece adaptor - M48 Female thread. This should mount on the end of the flattener and allow a diagonal or a camera (astro) to be held in place.

This part is not listed on WO site. I managed to find it on only one site!

Dennis

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics