•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Alan Gee Mark II ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coconut

coconut

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:24 PM

Would the Alan Gee Mark II (UAG II) work with a Binotron and a Edge 8 ?

If so what would be the best configuration and optical path to make it work ?

thank you

#2 Eddgie

Eddgie

ISS

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:42 AM

Would the Alan Gee Mark II (UAG II) work with a Binotron and a Edge 8 ?

If so what would be the best configuration and optical path to make it work ?

thank you

I have not used this configuration but my experience suggests that you would get some meaningful aperture loss (maybe reduce to 6.5" but that is just a guess from experience with EdgeHD 8)

For binoviewer use, the Glee goes between the diagonal and the binoviewer.  To configure it the way Baader recommends, you need a T2 diagonal, a short T adapter, and a T2 40mm extension tube. 

Almost for sure are going to be an aperture reduction with almost any kind of reducer though.  Even with a Mark V, my EdgeHD started to loose aperture with 170mm of flange to focal plane distance and this was without a reducer.  

Now that only matters if it matters to you I suppose, but to answer your question, the Glee goes between the diagonal and the BV.  It is mounted inside the extension tube. 

http://allsky-dome.d...tung-new-en.pdf

Edited by Eddgie, 16 September 2020 - 08:43 AM.

#3 HubSky

HubSky

Vostok 1

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

I thought it went into the baffle tube according to its description.  If it goes into the baffle tube, will it interfere with the Edge correcting lenses?  

Nevermind, that attached file explained it all. 

Edited by HubSky, 16 September 2020 - 03:50 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics