•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Berlebach planet Questions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, it really does seem solid, and the double clamp looks a bit like adding butter to bacon.  smile.gif

I think even with only half leg extension it's still taller than the iOptron was.  Don't hold me to that, I may need to measure, but I think so. 

Yes, i assumed this too, unless you are really thinking of putting over 100 kg on this thing...(220 pounds).

When a put my CEM60 on it with my little refractor, i can't help getting the feeling the Berlebach is laughing at me...lol.gif

• Linwood likes this

#27 luxo II

luxo II

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:04 AM

I’ve had 60kg on my Planet and no issues with my big mak.

#28 YAOG

YAOG

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

Yes, i assumed this too, unless you are really thinking of putting over 100 kg on this thing...(220 pounds).

When a put my CEM60 on it with my little refractor, i can't help getting the feeling the Berlebach is laughing at me...lol.gif

They don't call it the Planet tripod for no good reason. It tries the mount into the Earth very well. 

#29 rexowner

rexowner

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: SF Bay Area, California

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:28 PM

I'm glad I ordered my Planet directly from Germany with the desired configuration.

Language translation was a little bit of a challenge, but Google translate and my

German-speaking wife helped.

I have replaced the steel tips with their rubber tips for now.  They put things together

solidly with Loctite, or the equivalent, so changing things out requires a lot of force,

and as long as one is careful, not a problem.

Thinking about getting a Graviton...

#30 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

I'm glad I ordered my Planet directly from Germany with the desired configuration.

Language translation was a little bit of a challenge, but Google translate and my

German-speaking wife helped.

I have replaced the steel tips with their rubber tips for now.  They put things together

solidly with Loctite, or the equivalent, so changing things out requires a lot of force,

and as long as one is careful, not a problem.

Thinking about getting a Graviton...

Weren't they able to respond in English, dear God....

Now myself to a certain point can cope with German but i Always adress Teleskope service in Germany in English though, no issues there...

#31 Linwood

Linwood

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ft Myers, Florida, USA

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:47 PM

Now myself to a certain point can cope with German but i Always adress Teleskope service in Germany in English though, no issues there...

I wrote them with a question and they promptly responded in English. 

Google is great for figuring out what someone said to me, but I never quite trust it to know what I am saying if I translate before sending. I worry I said something insulting without realizing it. Maybe it's that old school example of "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" coming back as "The whisky is strong, but the meat is rotten". smile.gif

• Berny likes this

#32 rexowner

rexowner

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: SF Bay Area, California

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:34 PM

I think the email reply was probably an internet "robot" as I did everything online, so it was probably just automatic without

human intervention.  The website did work in English, as it detected I was coming from the US.

I didn't have any problem with it, and would give the benefit of the doubt, that if I had to call, they would have

translated.

It worked out great, and it was a good experience.

#33 Stanislaus

Stanislaus

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:39 AM

When I bought the Planet short version I wanted Berlebach to drill three further holes (it was for a 12 inch Meade SCT) in the tripod head for a locator plate/eyepiece holder. Explaining this was quite challenging so I sent them a diagram with all measurements. There was a German member here and I recruited him to help also. They still weren't sure so I decided to send them the locator plate in a pizza box!

Terrific tripod. Here it is with the Meade sitting on top.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1390a.jpg

• mtminnesota likes this

#34 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

Whaw. What weight is it carrying?

#35 luxo II

luxo II

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:27 AM

Approx 75kg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics