Can anyone provide any good tips as to how to achieve focus, literally ANY FOCUS, with this setup? I struggled for hours last night and couldn't get the main camera nor the OAG camera to achieve any sort of focus. If it helps at all, the OAG image had a large bright circle in it that I'm guessing means the back-focus is out of whack one way or the other. I tried adding tube extensions to the OAG and sliding its camera in and out and could never get past this...is it in the right location in this optical train?
A couple questions I have...noting I am new to SCTs and only a few months into this hobby all together:
- Do I have the back focus distances correct? ...note: Optec Reducer lens is 100mm to ZWO 1600 camera sensor
- Is the order of the optical train incorrect?
- How should I set the SCT's focuser...should it be turned all the to the right, or to the left (which direction focuses in vs out)?
- What is a good tried and true process for achieving focus? On my refractor I usually start with the focus all the way in and slowly edge it out, taking a new photo with each new increment
- Meade 10" F10 LX200 SCT
- Starlight 20-2013 SCT to Feather Touch crayford adapter
- Feather Touch crayford focuser
- Optec 0.62 reducer (no flattening)*
- Optec reducer adapter
- 16mm tube extension
- ZWO OAG...with ZWO 174 mini camera
- ZWO 7 place filterwheel
- ZWO 1600mm camera*
* The ZWO 1600mm camera sensor is almost exactly 100mm from the Optec reducer main lens
Thank you for any guidance!!!!!
Edited by adamchicago, 16 September 2020 - 02:13 PM.