•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Explore Scientific IEXOS100 with ASIAIR pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tpaairman

tpaairman

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:38 PM

I have the equipment named in the title, and, well, how do you get it to work together?

I have a guide camera for the ASIAIR, and have tried connecting the ST4 cable from the guide camera to the ST4 port of the mount.  I've tried a USB cable from the ASIAIR to the USB port on the mount, and tried with both connected.  When i go to the telescope page on the ASIAIR app and try to turn it on, it says to make sure the mount is connected with the serial cable and the baud rate is correct.

I realize that USB and serial are two different things, but in what little I've been able to find on this, it seems to be referred to as one and the same. 

#2 ajaymandke

ajaymandke

Vostok 1

• Loc: Houston, TX

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:10 PM

I dont have a ASIAIR but to connect IEXOS100 on USB but use PCs USB connection to IEXOS100. You will need switch IEXOS100 from WIFI to USB interface mode (Step 1 in the below document)

https://astronomy-im...with_ASIAIR.pdf

#3 Devonshire

Devonshire

Ranger 4

• Loc: S/W Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:11 PM

Head on over to the PMC8 support forum:

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN

Not my thing, but there are a number of others using this combination.  Sign up, do a post, it'll get sorted out pretty quickly. 

#4 tpaairman

tpaairman

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:49 PM

I will check out the group.

In the mean time, if I have to switch that setting, looks like I need to borrow my son's laptop, being I'm a Mac guy.  First world problems.

Once I do that, and obviously connect the USB cable, then I assume I don't need the ST4 cable from the guidescope to the mount?

#5 tpaairman

tpaairman

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:18 PM

Looks like we're good to go.  It takes longer to download everything than to make the switch.  What's odd to me is that, since this is an option, being that one is a default, you'd think they would have that as a setting in the app for the mount.  But anyway, the ASIAIr and the mount are on speaking terms.  Now if I can just get weather that isn't described by the name of this website.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics