•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What I saw in Cassiopeia! Wow!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Techristianjr

Techristianjr

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:19 PM

Well done, sir!!!

Thank you very much, Eric!!

#27 Techristianjr

Techristianjr

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:20 PM

The camera he used *is* a one shot color (ZWO ASI294MC). 

Yep, I used the color cam with my Traid Ultra filter, that is really the secret sauce to the details I was able to bring out.

#28 Techristianjr

Techristianjr

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:25 PM

Thats amazing - do you think that SII adds that much that not having it, it would be missed on most targets?

I'm not very experienced with SII alone. My inclination is that Ha does dominate and both Ha and SII are essentially red in natural wavelength color. However, what you gain from SII is a different detail structure than what you get in just Ha alone (this statement isn't probably always true, but is the driving reason for shooting SII in addition to Ha and OIII). My triad ultra filter combines Ha and SII since they are red in color, so I get the detail but cannot seperate them. In my images their detail is often best brought out using a reddish orange color close to their actual true wavelength combined color. 

• DRK73 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics