•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PushTo Star Adventurer Pro 2i

astrophotography DIY eq mount planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter140

Peter140

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:58 PM

For several years I’ve been using a PushTo App for my Star Adventurer based on a couple of accelerometers linked by Bluetooth to a mobile phone. The DEC adjustment is faster than the RA adjustment whether I push by hand or use the x12 push button slews, as they need to be pressed quite hard and this is awkward when making precise adjustments. Using the rotary switch on x12 with the NS switch is better but still needs a bit of dexterity. Can anyone tell me if the new Star Adventurer Pro 2i allows the x12 speed to be controlled from the phone? Alternatively would it be possible to control through the auto guider with the RA motor switched to x12?

Thanks for any advice you can give, Peter

#2 Peter140

Peter140

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:18 AM

Not much success getting an answer on this question so I bit the bullet, wired up a switch for the ST4 guide port, and confirmed that the angular speed increases 50% from 15arc minutes per minute to 22.5 arc minutes per minute. Not the three degrees per minute (x12 speed) I was hoping for. And of course drops 50% to 7.5 arc minutes per minute so the earths rotation can take over for the negative direction control.

That leaves the question what is the speed of the manual control on the Star Explorer Pro 2i when using a phone to control the local hour angle?

Hope some-one knows? Cheers, PeterO

Edited by Peter140, 18 September 2020 - 09:10 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, DIY, eq, mount, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics