•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Just for fun: Jupiter and Saturn with Tak FS-60c

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryWood

TerryWood

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:45 PM

These were taken this evening with my Tak FS-60c and QHY462 camera. The seeing was so-so, but at this scale it's not a big deal. Just doing it for fun to see what I could squeeze out of 60mm. I was really surprised at how far you can push these scopes visually. The view seems to stay crisp no matter how high you push the magnification...until you run out of light. Really amazing to me. 

V/R

Terry

Attached Thumbnails

• Jupiter and Saturn Tak FS-60c png.png

• Magellanico, DeanS, John Boudreau and 7 others like this

#2 db2005

db2005

Apollo

• Loc: Living in Denmark, under Bortle 5/6 skies.

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:11 AM

Incredible. These look almost like textbook-quality photos from the 1970s which were made with large observatory telescopes. It's really amazing what you can accomplish with modern equipment and digital post-processing.

• TerryWood and sunnyday like this

#3 TerryWood

TerryWood

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:32 PM

Thanks db, too kind! I think I could've done a little better if there hadn't of been so much haze. I'm sure I'll give it another go this coming week. Thanks again! V/R Terry
  • db2005 likes this

#4 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

Incredible. These look almost like textbook-quality photos from the 1970s which were made with large observatory telescopes. It's really amazing what you can accomplish with modern equipment and digital post-processing.

+1

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics