I have a Celestron 6SE SCT and have been into visual astronomy for a little over a year. I would like to pursue EAA and astrophotography. After reading lots of discussions here, I have put together the below list of equipment, some of which have arrived and some on the way.
1. EQ-6R Pro - Arrived
2. Meade 0.63x FR/FF for the SCT - Arrived
3. ZWO ASI 224 for planetary imaging and guide camera - Arrived
4. William Optics GT81 - Ordered
5. William Optics 50mm guide scope - Ordered
6. William Optics Flat 6AIII 0.8x FR/FF - Ordered
Now I need to finalize the main camera and need inputs from the community. I want to start with an OSC camera.
I had almost finalized ZWO ASI294 MC Pro after seeing lots of good reviews for this camera. But I also found many discussions about amp glow and calibration issues that many are facing with 294. Found some good reviews about ASI071 which does not have this amp glow or calibration issues, but then found many threads about icing problem with this camera because of which users are not able to cool it enough. Then there is the ASI2600 which by its specs (APS-C sensor, 16 bit resolution, 3.76u pixel size, 80% QE) looks like a camera that can last me for years, but is new and there maybe unreported problems yet. At $2000, it is quite a stretch, but as this is going to be a one time purchase, I am willing to stretch. I checked ASI533, but dropped it due to the square frame.
As there is a steep learning curve to get all the equipment working and I have very limited time to spend on the hobby (mostly only weekends), want to get the right equipment and reduce time spent on troubleshooting and workarounds.
So, if I were to drop ASI294 due to the calibration issues and amp glow and shortlist ASI071 and ASI2600:
1. Has ZWO addressed the frosting issue with ASI071?
2. Is there any showstopper issues reported on the ASI2600? Some reviewers have mentioned about the huge file size that can increase processing time. How will this affect live stacking for EAA?
Which of these would you suggest? Is there any other good OSC camera that I should consider?
Thanks in advance for all the guidance and inputs.