•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

One question concerning reassembly of Vixen 80L Finderscope

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patrickt

patrickt

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Manila, Philippines

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:33 AM

Hello All !

I unscrewed the Finderscope eyepiece (a 6x30 i think) of my Vixen 80L and proceeded to unscrew the field stop, with the intention of putting in crosshairs on the field stop. But then i accidentally (clumsy me) flipped things around... So i just wanted to be sure that i`d be putting things back correctly.

So starting rearmost of the finder : 1 ) Lower the Eye lens (a cemented doublet with convex portion pointing forward, as in towards the field lens ). 2 ) Lower the spacer (with smaller diameter hole facing the eye lens ). 3 ) Lower the Field lens (a plano convex lens, with convex portion pointing towards the front as well). 4 ) Screw in the field stop.

So other than making sure they all go in square and aligned, is that all there is to it ? Thank You. 

#2 patrickt

patrickt

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Manila, Philippines

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

I finally figured it out.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics