•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Artemis v Dusk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jezphil

jezphil

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:08 AM

I did real world comparison of Artemis and Dusk last night, dodging between a few clouds. Among other aspects, I think one of the great features of Artemis is the star marker function where you can store locations of stars from a previous session and match them exactly for another night's data gathering. A brilliant feature, but this function was for some reason dropped for Dusk. 

I think Artemis is better and has more functionality. One query though, which I hope one of the good folk here can answer... Looking at the sequencer function of Artemis, does it only allow you load in the same number of images for each sequence? So if you are leaving it set up to go through sequences for three narrowband filters, automatically changing the filter for the second and third sets, are you stuck with a set number of exposures for each sequence? i.e the number you have entered into the 'repeat count' window in the sequencer window? In other words, what if you wanted to vary repeat counts and do, say, 20 for Ha, 25 for OIII and 30 for SII?  It doesn't seem to allow a different number for each sequence. Or is this me being dumb? (it has been known!)

Edited by jezphil, 18 September 2020 - 05:31 AM.

#2 Stelios

Stelios

Voyager 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: West Hills, CA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

I never heard of either Artemis or Dusk. Mind posting a link or two so we know what you're talking about? 

#3 jezphil

jezphil

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:57 AM

I never heard of either Artemis or Dusk. Mind posting a link or two so we know what you're talking about? 

Thanks. I got my answer from another forum in the end. These are both software issues from Atik for operating their cameras. Dusk replaced Artemis but doesn't have as many features as its predecessor, so I am using the older Artemis software instead. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics