•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ioptron tri pier case options?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Professor2112

Professor2112

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:55 AM

So I was lucky enough to snag a new IOptron CEM70 to mount my 8” Edge HD OTA for AP.  I also got the IOptron Tri pier to mount the head to. It had an option of a rolling case which looks really nice for $150, however it seems to be on back order at the moment. So I was wondering if any of you have this pier and was able to find a case at a hardware store or something that works well.  If not, I’ll wait to get the rolling case, but any suggestions or tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

#2 DSOGabe

DSOGabe

Viking 1

• Loc: El Paso, TX

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

May not be a specialized case, but you can always go to a music instrument store and look for drum hardware bags/cases. 

#3 Professor2112

Professor2112

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

May not be a specialized case, but you can always go to a music instrument store and look for drum hardware bags/cases. 

That is true! A bit disappointed I didn’t think of that honestly since I’m a drummer myself lol.  It’s the length that’s going to be a challenge, I just got home from work and saw it for the first time and this thing is even bigger than I imagined.  Thanks for the response it’s greatly appreciated!

#4 biz

biz

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

That is true! A bit disappointed I didn’t think of that honestly since I’m a drummer myself lol.  It’s the length that’s going to be a challenge, I just got home from work and saw it for the first time and this thing is even bigger than I imagined.  Thanks for the response it’s greatly appreciated!

You can also visit a sports shop and take a look at their hockey stick bags.. I use these to carry my tripods . Who knows they could have something that might fit around your pier.

cheers

Graham

#5 Linwood

Linwood

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ft Myers, Florida, USA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

You might drop by Home Depot and Lowes, I'm surprised how many tool boxes they have in all sorts of sizes, though they probably are more boxey than long and you'd need foam, but you might find you want to include other stuff in it, counterweights on the bottom, a layer of hard foam, tri pier, hard foam, odds and ends. 

Example: 

https://www.homedepo...09261/203668066

#6 Professor2112

Professor2112

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:58 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies!  I’ll have to take a look at hockey bags and rolling toolboxes for any good options. My wife actually found something very similar to the case built for it. https://www.amazon.c...i_ROHzFbS7J603N
What do you guys think?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics