•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Second Newt option, which one?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:18 AM

Hi,

I am planning to get a second Newt for dual imaging in future, and i have two choices, one i can make it sooner and the other i can make it later, i can afford any soon anyway, but one will need me to spend again more to get a mount, and one Newt smaller i can't be sure which i am still into it these days, but the other two options are no way with current mount for both, so that i can delay for later but i have to think about it from now and see all possibilities and stores.

The options are the following:

1. Orion 8" F/4.9 Newtonian [cheap without much accessories]
  2. Any cheapest 10" F/4[F/3.9] so it will give me FL = 1000mm
  3. Second GSO F/4 next to my first [this i still think about now for very soon urgent dual imaging system, but i won't rush if it won't].

I will get budget soon which i will put part of it for planetary scope [already decided], and will make a part for this future plan, i can buy any above options in price range of $300-400, but i don't know if buying now and leave it stored just in case any price changes and discontinued as it happens a lot and also to check out about accessories by the time stored, i can always buy now and use later in 1 year, i have budgets now or soon that i can't tell at all when it will be gone and i no longer can afford anything later or say i will need very long time to save again, so i better finish my plans very quick, i don't mind to buy now and not using it, i tested my 2 current Newt scopes i have and both are fine with one test each, so i am confident to buy more, galaxies will be back later, and clusters are also all around, i don't want to wait until next year to ask about it and i don't have time to decide and buy, so i will make it now.

With 8" and 10" scopes i will have to buy another mount, and next year i have two options also, either a strong expensive one so i can place two larger scopes two 8" or 8" and 10", or small cheaper affordable one but enough to handle either 10" or 8" at least cheaper than my AZ-EQ6, but in both cases the purchase of second scope is fixed, so i like to discuss it in advance to see what i can do sooner or later.

Thank you.

#2 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: St. Louis Metro Area

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

If I may... check the used market here on CN.  

• jim kuhns likes this

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:16 AM

If I may... check the used market here on CN.  

Why? Check for what exactly?

#4 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: St. Louis Metro Area

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:33 PM

To buy your second scope.  But I just realized you are overseas.  

Why? Check for what exactly?

Edited by mic1970, 18 September 2020 - 12:34 PM.

#5 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:39 PM

To buy your second scope.  But I just realized you are overseas.  

Yes, i am overseas, so buying used isn't an option i want to go with, and the prices of those scopes are not expensive at all, so price is not a question here, it is about which choice actually, i have two Newt now, so wanted another Newt of each or both i don't mind, but the options can vary, and if i go bigger then it will require another mount no doubt.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics