•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Multiple nights with rgb or focus on Lum?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calzunen

Calzunen

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:03 PM

My asi 1600mm pro recently broke and is now at the repair shop at zwo.

And right now im using my old dslr, my question is: should I  spend multiple nights on a target using my dslr on cocoon etc or is it enough with 1 night of rgb and then spend more time using Luminance filter when I get my camera back?

Attached Thumbnails

• cocoon.jpg2.jpg

#2 Madratter

Madratter

Voyager 1

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

Let me turn the question around. Are you happy with the star and nebulae colors you are getting right now or do you feel you can't quite get enough punch without too much noise. Remember you can noise reduce the color portion far more than you would the luminosity portion. Judging from what I see above, I think you could probably switch out to something else.

• Calzunen likes this

#3 Calzunen

Calzunen

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

Let me turn the question around. Are you happy with the star and nebulae colors you are getting right now or do you feel you can't quite get enough punch without too much noise. Remember you can noise reduce the color portion far more than you would the luminosity portion. Judging from what I see above, I think you could probably switch out to something else.

Okey so you think that im done with rgb? That image is around 50x180 sec, Luminance would help with noise reduction right?

#4 Madratter

Madratter

Voyager 1

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:44 PM

Right. So what you do is noise reduce the color channels quite a bit (the RGB stuff you already have). Bring out the star colors and nebulae and make sure you can get the color punch you want. Don't worry so much about luminosity noise, or slightly plastic look to the RGB. Collect the L and then that you will want to collect enough until you can get a good L channel without fake looking noise reduction.

• Calzunen likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics