•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Changing focal length on old PhD software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cfminneapolis

cfminneapolis

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:58 PM

Is it possible to change the focal length in the old PhD software? I know I added it incorrectly when installing the software, but can’t find out to update it when I launch it now.

Thx

#2 michael8554

michael8554

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:18 PM

Are you sure you entered a Focal Length ?

From what I've just read of the original Stark Labs PHD, the Calibration discovers what focal length (specifically what image scale) you are using.

So unlike PHD2, no actual FL box to fill in.

Just do a Calibration with your new setup.

In PHD2 there are Profiles you set up for different cameras, mounts, and guidescopes.

So I would look through the initial menus of PHD1 for something similar if you're sure there is a FL setting.

#3 cfminneapolis

cfminneapolis

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:50 PM

I keep my telescope at my cabin so won’t get another shot for a couple weeks, but will look for a calibration setting then. But the reason I was using the old version was I had problems with Phd2, however I was able to figure out I needed to update a driver so that’s working now and I’ll probably try experimenting with it too.

Thanks for the tips!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics