Please help me resolve these SCT imaging issues that I'm not sure how to tackle:
I've completed a new SCT with crayford focuser setup and was able to achieve focus, HOWEVER I have a dark left corner that I'm not sure about what it maybe but back focus distance is a prime a suspect (an outlier maybe a filter wheel issue). I'm also wondering if possibly the SCT (a brand new Meade 10" F10 SCT) has a collimation problem, but I'm new to SCTs so really don't know, what I don't know about this.
Additionally I'm also having trouble with the OAG which seems to also potentially suffer from a back focus distance issue but I'm totally confused about this, being new to SCTs.
Attached are the two suspect photos (SCT main camera and OAG camera...both focused independently, haven't yet achieved simultaneous focus). The main camera image shows a dark shadow in the bottom left with a red outline drawn around it. And the OAG camera image is the one where the image is shrunk into a circle in the middle of the full image.
Order of setup:
1. Meade 10" F10 LX200 SCT
2. Feather Touch SCT adapter
3. Feather Touch crayford focuser
4. ZWO EAF electronic focuser (can use with APT's Auto Focus to achieve perfect focus)
5. Optec 0.62 reducer (no flattener because Meade is already coma corrected)
6. Optec 50mm spacer (to achieve recommended 100mm from reducer to camera sensor)
7. Another 15mm spacer (came up short with only using the 50mm spacer above)
8. ZWO OAG
9. ZWO 174mm Mini camera for OAG
10. ZWO 7 place 2" filter wheel
11. ZWO 1600mm camera
Edited by adamchicago, 19 September 2020 - 12:16 AM.