•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Object Tracking issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arshadwm

arshadwm

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

Hi my Celestron cpc EdgeHD 1100 Alt Azm Mount. Whenever I do any alignment whether Auto 2 Star or Solar system, after successful procedure it doesn’t track the object. The object disappears within seconds.

Any advise or help ???

#2 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

Only advice is that some bit of data is wrong, or the setup incorrect. Most likely data.

I assume you are st to Northern Hemisphere ? Just in case.

Have you Long and Lat the right way round, people think Lat+Long, Celestrons need them entered as Long then Lat. Fairly common and an easy mistake that is made.

Will suggest you do a Reset. Seems at times that when everything is entered that some calculatuons are made and saved and remain if you simply make changes. A Reset is sort of common/normal, then reenter the data again. Just double check everything, better have someone else double check as you do it. At least then you can always blame them as well.

Many UK scopes have ended up somewhere in Northern Brazil owing to Long+Lat.

Rather unfortunately on a computer driven scope the "problem" is generally "the operator". And I suspct all goto owners are guilty of it. I have 2 goto's, and so can probably be classed as guilty as sin.

#3 arshadwm

arshadwm

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:27 PM

Thank You. I just did the reset. It has GPS so it automatically gets all the settings like Long and Lat as well as site time and date. But it’s same. It looks like mount is not properly tracking the object.

I don’t know what am I missing.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics