•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC7000 - Samyang 135mm F/2.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jorgenp

jorgenp

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

This is an image from last night of the North American nebula plus the Pelican nebula.

Photographed with a unmodified Canon 7D and a Samyang 135mm F2.0.

It is a stack of 57 frames exposed for 120 seconds/ISO1000 using a Sky-Watcher Star Aventurer Pro.

It was stacked and stretched in Astro Pixel Processor and then edited in Photoshop and StarNet++. (Mainly combining a starless version with the original to dull the luminosity of the stars a bit as I thought the stars was a bit bright).

I only boosted the color saturation a bit in APP so this color is what the camera captured. Since it is pink it seems to be hydrogen. Not sure about the blue color. But overall colors seems to match with Figure 3 at https://clarkvision....erstellar.dust/

It is my first attempt at photographing a nebula as I only started with this hobby last week. 

NGC7000-mod-St-smaller2.jpg

Larger version is here.

Edited by jorgenp, 19 September 2020 - 01:00 PM.

• Starman27, Achernar, aa5te and 5 others like this

#2 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

The pinks and reds are mostly emissions from ionized hydrogen as you thought, the blue regions are interstellar dust clouds reflecting light from stars within or near them.

Taras

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics