•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC7000 and Surrounding Area Stack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 20 September 2020 - 01:12 AM

Since I am still a flunky at processing, I will post this if anyone is bored and wants to give it a quick over. I will sit to the side with my dunce hat on and keep reading. I stretched this one a little messing around in Gimp and saw that I caught the Veil Nebula in this one too. Thanks to anyone who wants see what’s there. I imaged these couple nights ago.

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Edited by astrohound24, 20 September 2020 - 01:13 AM.

#2 AstroBrett

AstroBrett

Mariner 2

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:15 AM

Here's a really quick processing to give you an idea of the potential of your image. Your basic data is good, and I'd suggest you spend some time learning how to acquire flat frames, as they will help a lot. I hope this will encourage you to continue on and experiment with your images and processing, as that is the best way to learn.

Cygnus Test Process.JPG

Good luck!

Brett

#3 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:28 AM

Thanks Brett! Yep you noticed no flats. I have got to learn to do those as honestly I never have done them. I downloaded Images Plus tonight and rounded up some tutorials that good folks have put out there. Yes this encourages and motivates me greatly. Thanks so much again! This lets me know I am getting some data.

Greg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics