•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sh2-173 - The Phantom of the Opera

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pete_xl

Pete_xl

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:24 AM

Sh2-173 is a very dim emission nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia about 8800 ly away from us. Besides the Ha-emission nebula  there are a mass of stars in the field of views. The star cluster in the top right is catalogued NGC 103. 

This is the first image taken with fun after I returned from my (astro-free) holidays. Some days before I travelled I had switched from MGEN guiding to Phd2 with an ASI120mm-s because the MGEN still has trouble with the automatic meridian flip in NINA. All was fine and smooth with Phd2 before but after my return I could only produce egg-stars in longer exposures, though the phd-guiding was around 0.8" total RMS and the graph did look fine most of the times. After a lot of tweaking, optimizing and a complete de- and reconstruction including precision PA and everything you can imagine the graph was even nicer but the eggs continued rolling in tongue2.gif . Because I did not want to spend the whole clear new moon phase with testing and frustration I put the MGEN back onto the scope yesterday - and ALL WORKS FINE (puh!).

Here the image:

50367925302_51e14e8bc7_b.jpg

On Astrobin: https://astrob.in/full/4t4zas/0/

TS 130/910 mm apo with 0.79x reducer attsched to an ASI1600mmp.

APP, starnet++ and PS 2020.

50 x 200 s Ha
50 x 60 s red
50 x 60 s green
50 x 60 s blue

CS and stay well

Pete

Edited by Pete_xl, 21 September 2020 - 09:24 AM.

• buckeyestargazer, R Botero, lbim and 8 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics