•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sadr Region wide field

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the Elf

the Elf

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

Dears,

another clear night. Who needs sleep?

Sadr_Region_low.jpg

Info and full res:  http://www.elf-of-lo...Region2020.html

all the best

the Elf

• Mark9473, Scott Mitchell, mikewayne3 and 10 others like this

#2 drd715

drd715

Viking 1

• Loc: Fort Lauderdale

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

That's what you call wide field.  Beautiful. Everyone - open the full resolution link, the stars really pop.

#3 the Elf

the Elf

Soyuz

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:10 AM

That's what you call wide field.

Honestly I don't know if there is a definition how wide a wide field is. I hope the title is not misleading and everyone expects a 110° FOV :-)

Thank you all for your likes. Working on the next one right now. Stay tuned.

#4 SimonIRE

SimonIRE

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: South East England

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:48 AM

Hi Elf - 

I am working on this now with my FSQ but I am very keen to know the exact set up you used for this - DLSR?

Simon

#5 the Elf

the Elf

Soyuz

• topic starter

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Simon,

the setup is an EQ6-R, the Askar FMA180 and two DSLRs. For the color data an unmodded Canon T7i taking 5 min sub at ISO 200 and for Ha a mono modded T3i and a Baader 7nm Ha filter taking 15min subs at ISO 800. Guiding by the TSL50D 50mm f=180mm guide scope and the lacerta M-Gen II stand alone auto guider. Processing in PI.

There are probably only a hand full of mono DSLRs out there. With a regular DSLR the image looks like this:

http://www.elf-of-lo...C_only_full.jpg

My estimated Bortle is 4. If you drive to Dartmoor, Devon you should get similar results.

#6 SimonIRE

SimonIRE

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: South East England

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

Simon,

the setup is an EQ6-R, the Askar FMA180 and two DSLRs. For the color data an unmodded Canon T7i taking 5 min sub at ISO 200 and for Ha a mono modded T3i and a Baader 7nm Ha filter taking 15min subs at ISO 800. Guiding by the TSL50D 50mm f=180mm guide scope and the lacerta M-Gen II stand alone auto guider. Processing in PI.
There are probably only a hand full of mono DSLRs out there. With a regular DSLR the image looks like this:
http://www.elf-of-lo...C_only_full.jpg
My estimated Bortle is 4. If you drive to Dartmoor, Devon you should get similar results.

Super, many thanks for this. Love the image.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics