•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron CGEM Dovetail Plate

Celestron mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dimitrij

Dimitrij

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:18 PM

Hi, I am very new to this so I have a question about what dovetail plate I should buy for the Celestron CGEM. I looked it up and I can't tell what size dovetail plate is needed and it doesn't show it on the specs of the mount so I am not sure what size dovetail plate I need. If anyone has any recommendations for a dovetail plate for the CGEM or one they have used on it, I would really appreciate you tell me about it, because this is very confusing to me. Thanks!

#2 Nshepro

Nshepro

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:01 PM

The CGEM has a CGE or D-Mount (D-series) saddle. The CG-5 or V-mount (v-series) is the small one. You can go to ADM accessories and look at the two to get a better idea. This website also sells CGEM saddles that accept both v-series and d-series, just like the AVX. 

• Dimitrij likes this

#3 Dimitrij

Dimitrij

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:02 PM

The CGEM has a CGE or D-Mount (D-series) saddle. The CG-5 or V-mount (v-series) is the small one. You can go to ADM accessories and look at the two to get a better idea. This website also sells CGEM saddles that accept both v-series and d-series, just like the AVX. 

Okay that helps a lot, thank you!

• Nshepro likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics