•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asi224 trouble with drivers.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Airbrush

Airbrush

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

Hey friends,
I recieved a zwo 224mc in the mail last week. I noticed there wasn"t a cd rom in the box.
I downloaded the drivers from zwo and could not get them to install. I went to zwo and searched their faq and it seems that some were having trouble with the new drivers and had to use an old version that came with the cd.
One time I got an error code 28. I looked this up and found that it relates to a hardware issue - device defective.
I plan to try a different usb cable and maybe even a different computer.
I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the older driver that they would put on dropbox so I could download it? Zwo dosen't make any older drivers available.
I have also signed up to the zwo forum. Now I am waiting to be approved...
Thank you,
James

#2 mrlovt

mrlovt

Vostok 1

• Loc: Smyrna, TN

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:07 PM

I noticed that they updated the drivers again today.  If your software isn't dated 9/21/2020 then go back to https://astronomy-im...oftware-drivers and see if the latest doesn't work for you.

#3 Airbrush

Airbrush

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

Thank you! I will look into it asap.
On 12 hr shifts atm. B)
James

#4 Airbrush

Airbrush

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:56 AM

Mr lovt,
Finally got a chance to try those new drivers and they worked!
Thank you for the heads up.
I signed up for their forum over a week ago on this issue and have never recieved their " ok to start posting" confirmation.
I guess maybe they're understaffed.
If it weren't for you I would have been trying different cables and computers and prolly wound up sending the camera back.
Thanks again!
James

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics