•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M31 - Andromeda Galaxy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yzhzhang

yzhzhang

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:15 AM

Here is a first attempt of this famous target that I should capture during my Astro Photography 101.  This is also the first image taken with my CFF92. Aaaand this is also the first mosaic attempt (2*1). Background gradient that can't be removed completely via DBE makes mosaic stitching fun... and I can't get color right after H-a blended in. Anyway, it's a fun project for the Autumn.

Here is the LRGB version.

get.jpg?insecure

Here is the one with H-a blended in. It makes the entire disk too red, and can't seem to make a good correction without leaving trace of purple...

get.jpg?insecure

• F.Meiresonne, dswtan, elmiko and 8 others like this

#2 Sleep Deprived

Sleep Deprived

Messenger

• Loc: Seattle Area

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:10 AM

I agree about the color balance in the H-a shot, but other than that they look good.  Good job!  Aaaand, like you say, you'll have a project in the fall.  Thank you for sharing!

#3 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 22 September 2020 - 05:14 AM

Personally I don't mind the purple touch...as long it remains a bit sublte as in this picture...

#4 WoodlandsAstronomer

WoodlandsAstronomer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:44 AM

Wow! 62 hours of integration you’re my hero!
  • dswtan likes this

#5 limeyx

limeyx

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Looks fantastic !

#6 yzhzhang

yzhzhang

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

Thanks all!

Wow! 62 hours of integration you’re my hero!

Well I think the long integration didn't really pay off for me, but no doubt that's on my processing skill to blame...

#7 skatsikas

skatsikas

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Louisville, KY, USA

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Two weeks plus on the same target (and 95 900-sec subs)?!!!  You deserve a persistence medal here.  I am not sure I have it in me to go for the same object that many consecutive nights.  But your image is spectacular.  Should go up on the wall.

Steve

• limeyx likes this

#8 xXMarkedOneXx

xXMarkedOneXx

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:20 PM

Thanks all!

Well I think the long integration didn't really pay off for me, but no doubt that's on my processing skill to blame...

Rome wasn't built in a day brother. I am pretty sure not too far down the line you will be among the best AP's around as you have mastered the first step : Patience. The next one , Perseverance , is just a matter of time :). Btw its a lovely image.

• limeyx likes this

#9 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Gemini

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:37 PM

Those are great images- I admire your patience. The core of M31  could do with a bit more stretching as it is a bit blown out but overall great images- be proud to present them- you've earn't that!

• Sleep Deprived likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics