•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

DEL, EQU and PEG

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Monoeil

Monoeil

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

Hi there!

Quick observation last night. The sky was clear but the conditions far from being optimal: There was a lot of dancing in the telescope ... Fair at x120, very poor at x180.

An old acquaintance now ... T CYG ... Still not seen a companion. I will try this evening if the conditions are better.

We continue with new things (for me!) this time:

_ 1 EQU (STF 2737): Beautiful double star easily observable despite an amplitude of magnitude.

_ STF 2735 (DEL): Located not far from STF 2727, this double star is tighter with closer magnitudes.

_ Delta EQU (STF 2777): Very easy double star despite the difference in magnitude. Nice view at low magnification (x50) when the weak companion barely emerges from the sky.

_ STF 2690 (DEL): 2 stars of similar magnitude. Easy separation even at low magnification.

_ STF 2841 (PEG): Easy separation by low magnification (x50).

_ h 947 (PEG): A bit like STF 2841 although the companion is more difficult to discern.

_ STF 2834 (PEG): Pair tighter than STF 2841 and h 947. Well seen at x180. Again, the faint component is quite challenging to see.

STF 2841, h 947 and STF2834 are in the same neighborhood. Once you have identified one, you have identified the others!

_ I tried 37 PEG (STF 2912) but the mediocre sky conditions got the better of my patience.

_ I switched on 35 PEG (Beta pm) near 37 PEG. The separation is very important, like the difference in magnitude which is the real challenge. My favorite target for this night.

37 and 35 PEG are easy to spot because they form, with another star, a trianglular pattern of rather bright stars located in the alignment of Epsilon and Theta PEG.

That's it for last night!

Nicolas

• The Ardent, R Botero, flt158 and 2 others like this

#2 c2m2t

c2m2t

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Pembroke, Ont.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

Hi Nicolas!

Good to hear that you are once again able to enjoy some observing. A very nice report!!

I have attached images of 3 of your recorded systems. These just happened to have made it into the processed portion of my archive. I have manually added the "D" component of HJ 269AD, which is part of the STF 2690 system. Upon checking my raw image of this area I realized that I had inadvertently processed out "D". 

I look forward to more of your reports.

Cheers, Chris.

Attached Thumbnails

• STF 2737-4413-ns-pt-ID.jpg
  • STF 2777-ns-4444-pt-ID.jpg
  • STF 2690-5757-pt-ID-ns.jpg

• R Botero, Monoeil, flt158 and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics